Expressive Arts and Humanties
Expressive Arts and Humanities
The Expressive Arts and Humanities team work collaboratively to ensure that Music, Art, DT, MFL, History and Geography are taught so children engage actively with the world around us in a creative manner.
- To develop a creative attitude towards Expressive Arts and Humanities so that children can explore, investigate and have an appreciation of the wider world both past and present.
- To master a variety of skills including research, enquiry, communication, investigation, the art of self-expression and curiosity.
- To provide a broad, balanced and enriched coverage of the Expressive Arts and Humanities curriculum.
- To ensure that the environment exposes the children to a multitude of sensory experiences.
- To provide the children with the opportunity to extend their learning outside of the classroom.
- To enhance the children’s knowledge and skills through the use of multi-agency experiences
- To inspire the children to unearth their own potential and to become a master in their own field.
- To provide inclusive opportunities of assessment in order to enhance the progression of the pupils beyond the expressive arts and humanities curriculum.
- To obtain the Gold Arts Mark Award.