Instrument of Governance
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT: VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED SCHOOL
- The name of the school is Queens Park C.E./U.R.C. Primary School.
- The school is a Voluntary Controlled School.
- The name of the Governing Body is The Governing Body of Queens Park C.E/U.R.C. Primary School.
- The Governing Body shall consist of:-
a) 1 Head Teacher
b) 1 Staff Governor
c) 1 LEA Governor
d) 2 Parent Governors
e) 4 Foundation Governors
f) 7 Co-opted Governors
- Total number of Governors: 16
- Foundation Governors – 2 to be nominated by the Parochial Church Council of St. Luke’s, Eccleston to be appointed by the Diocesan Board of Education and 2 to be appointed by the Elders of the United Reformed Church, Ormskirk Street
- The holder(s) of the following office shall be a Foundation Governor ex-officio:
(a) The Principal Officiating Minister of the Parish of St. Luke’s, Eccleston.
(b) The Officiating Minister of the United Reformed Church, Ormskirk Street
- The Archdeacon of the Archdeaonry within which the school is situated shall appoint a Foundation Governor to act in the place of the ex-officio Foundation Governor whose Governorship derives from the office named in 7(a) above or in the event that the ex-officio Foundation Governor is unable or unwilling to act as a Foundation Governor, or there is a vacancy in the office by virtue of which this governorship exists.
- The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry within which the school is situated can request the removal of any ex-officio Foundation Governor at 7(a) above and to appoint any substitute Governor.
- The Ethos Statement of the school is:
Through our vision, we serve our community by providing an inclusive, happy, secure and caring Christian environment where all are valued and respected. We believe that God loves all his children unconditionally and values the uniqueness of the individual and recognise the diversity and range of contributions that each child can make. Following the Church of England's Vision for Education 'Life in all its fullness' John 10:10, we provide a high-quality education within a creative, stimulating, encouraging and mutually supportive environment where children are enabled to develop the skills they require to become successful.
- The term of office of all Governors is 4 years.
- This Instrument of Government comes into effect on 12th December 2019
- This Instrument was made by order of the St. Helens Council Local Education Authority 12th December 2019, to comply with Part 5 (Regulations 26-31) of the School Governance (Constitution) (England)