Queen's Park is proud to be an accredited International School. Our work was judged 'exemplary' in all areas.
At Queen’s Park CE/URC Primary School, we have several partner schools. We value these links and feel that they help us to teach, not just languages to a very high standard, but also global issues across our curriculum.
- Ecole de Velles (13, Rue des Anciens Combattants, 36330 Velles, France)
- GHS Herderschule (Georg-Viktor-Strasse 5, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany)
- IC Gianni Rodari, (Via Niobe 52, 00118 Rome, Italy)
- Sacred Heart (Buttons Ave, Ulverstone, TAS 7315, Australia)
- Arise Pre and Primary Community School (PO Box 184, Sanya Juu, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania)
International projects which are happening this year
- Language Detectives : On European Day of Languages, the whole school looked at strategies to help with translation skills and spelling in French. We looked at how cognates/near cognates can help us to work out the meaning of words in other languages. We looked at the etymology of the English language. Throughout the year we will ask EAL pupils at our school to share any cognates with English/French and their heritage language. This will culminate with our ‘We love Languages’ event in the summer term when parents will be invited into class to celebrate the language learning covered this year.
- We continue to support ACE charity and Arise Community School in Tanzania. Our Y2 children will participate in a Zoom call with the school in February and this supports their geography learning (comparing local area home and overseas).
- We will host a group of visiting children from Bad Pymont in Germany in June. We will be working on a joint project on Equality and Diversity. Before the visit, our children will speak to children in Germany via TEAMs
- The Joy of Music: For European Day of Language, our Italian partner school asked us to send a video of us singing ‘I Hear Thunder’ in English. We will continue this work linked to Liverpool hosting the Eurovision Song Contest.
- Our World Re-imagined. Our school junior leadership team is leading projects across the year to improve our environment, our energy consumption and how we can reduce waste and plastic. We will be working with our partner school in Australia on the problems we are all facing
We have also enjoyed continued connection with ACE charity as we have fundraised and received letters from Arise school in Tanzania.
We work closely with Primary Languages Network to provide an effective French curriculum and our Y6 pupils are enthusiastic students of Mandarin, delivered by a Chinese teacher from Cowley International College.
Our partner schools work with us on the above projects. Links to their websites are below:
Arise, Tanzania – https://www.facebook.com/groups/AfricaChildreninEducation
IC Gianni Rodari, Rome, Italy
Istituto Comprensivo Gianni Rodari
Via Niobe 52 - 00118 Roma –
GHS Herderschule Bad Pyrmont (herderschule-badpyrmont.de)
Sacred Heart Catholic School, Ulverstone, Tasmania
Ecole de Velles, Velles, France
Ecole Primaire Simone Veil (ac-orleans-tours.fr)